- 1. Madhya Pradesh Forest Department is engaged in management of largest forest area in the country.
- 2. Economy of about 95 lakh tribals is inextricably linked with forests.
- 3. Nine National Parks and Twenty Five Wildlife Sanctuaries are attractive destinations on tourist map
- 4. Forestry operations provide 300 lakh mandyas of employment every year.
- 5. Forests protect catchment area of important rivers like , the Narmada, the Chambal, the Betwa, the Sone etc.
- 6. The State is pioneering the JFM movement.
- 7. Forestry is being taken to areas outside forests.
- 8. Earned Rs.491.97 crores for the State exchequre during 2005-2006
- 9. Forests provide countless visibly invisible services.
- 10. Forest products are useful
Schemes / Policies
- 1. National Forest Policy
- 2. State Forest Policy
- 3. NTFP Policy
- 4. Nistar policy
- 5. ICT Initiatives in MPFD
Institutions and Organizations functioning under this department
- M.P. State Minor Forest Produce Federation External website that opens in a new window
- Madhya Pradesh Ecotourism Development Board External website that opens in a new window
- Rajya Van Vikas Nigam LimitedExternal website that opens in a new window
- State Forest Research Institute, JabalpurExternal website that opens in a new window
- RTIExternal website that opens in a new window